Difficulties in increasing Government tax and non-tax revenue are typically due to a lack of appropriate software & hardware solutions for monitoring and enforcement, non-submission of tax returns and the refusal of the public to demand receipts. For instance, only 10-25% of all formal & informal businesses in sub-Saharan Africa pay VAT. In addition to educating citizens and simplifying the tax system, a solution needs to provide an innovative and easy transaction process as well as payment points, while significantly improving the monitoring and enforcement of revenue collection. E-Core facilitates the real time reporting of transactions as they occur at the point of sale. Electronically generated receipts are printed after transaction details have been transmitted to a central database.
- A closed system for Governments to significantly improve administration, monitoring, auditing & enforcement
- A transparent view on tax and non-tax revenues to Government agencies, merchants and taxpayers by providing updated schedules of payments, amounts owed, dates due & other relevant payment information
- Increases the overall payer base through an easy and simple installation of payment terminals
- Facilitates easier payment of tax or non-tax by increasing the number of payment points through the introduction of payment partners, such as banks and other financial institution.
E-CORE SIGNIFICANTLY ENHANCES
- Statistical information gathering to aid the formulation of policy and identification of trends
- Regulatory monitoring of tax & non-tax entities
- Timeliness of reporting both Government authorities and other regulatory bodies
- Reduction of overhead and administration cost
- Control of defaulting or fraudulent taxpayers I non-filers
- Identification of irregular behaviors (revenue dips or increases) via real time analytical reporting