Long queues, bureaucracy and lack of efficiency currently characterize Government services in many countries. Introducing online presentation and payment for services is an important step in the process of public service reforms. A successful government online service will shorten queues, encourage payment for government services, increase the public accessibility and will eventually increase the volume of business between Government and citizenry.
E-Government services and the ability to pay for services online expand & simplify the manner in which individuals, businesses and corporations interact with Government to pay requisite fees, taxes, and duties, complete reports and filings, as well as obtain Government services.
- Payments of Government services - taxes, driver’s license renewal, company registration fee, passport renewal fees etc.
- Payment pensions, social security payments or wages (see wage management system)
- Utility payments (electricity, water, waste) etc.
- Mobile operator/telecom payments
- Cash & cash vouchers, Cheques
- Debit & credit cards (Visa Electron, Visa, MasterCard, etc.)
- Mobile Money wallet accounts
- Direct debit and credit or bank transfers via integration with the national switch